Local routes mean that you’ll be home every night, and you will be providing a valuable service (heat!) to your fellow Minnesotans in your area. Annual early-summer bonuses help you enjoy vacation and lake season with your family.
Lakes Gas is a growing regional propane company based in the Twin Cities area. Lakes Gas rewards productivity with bonuses, and we are willing to train the right candidate.
This position offers career growth - the ability to move up to the Salaried Driver position which offers the potential for increased wages and increased time-off during the summer months. Many of our current managers started with the company as Class B drivers.
Primary responsibilities include customer service, sales, maintenance and inspection of company properties, and inspection, installation, and service of propane tanks at commercial accounts and residential homes. This is a DOT regulated position that requires compliance with drug and alcohol policies and procedures.
The driver needs to possess or be able to qualify for a minimum of a class B commercial driver’s license with tanker and hazardous endorsements and must carry a DOT medical examiner’s card. Person needs to be safety conscious, have a strong mechanical aptitude and good driving skills. The Driver Tech will be working in extreme weather environments and have on-call status on a rotating basis. Position requires pulling a delivery hose and some heavy lifting. Driver Tech will be involved with customer service items such as direct customer contact, field maintenance, repairs and inspections as well as invoicing customers. Additional duties include maintenance projects such as painting tanks, filling and delivering cylinders and the upkeep of company vehicles, tools and plant.
- $3,000 Sign-on Bonus*
- Competitive wage and benefits package available
- VALID DOT/COMMERCIAL Driver's license Class B with Tanker and Hazardous Materials Endorsement preferred
- We are willing to train and assist the right candidate in obtaining licensing requirements
- Current DOT Federal Motor Carrier Card Preferred
- Customer Service Skills
- Position has opportunity for growth
- *You will receive $1,000 after (3) months of employment and achieving a minimum of a Class B License with Tanker and Hazardous Endorsements; After successfully completing (6) months of employment you will receive an additional $2,000. Must be employed and in good standing at the time of payout to qualify.
- Benefits Package Available!
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand the English language to understand task procedures, shipping papers product labels, work orders and informational and warning signage. This will be verified with a reading test.
- Accurately perform basic mathematical calculations. This will be verified with a math test.
- Communicate clearly both written and verbally in the English language.
- Computer skills useful for maintaining client databases and product inventories.
- Capable of adapting to electronic data processing equipment.
- Able to adjust schedule to fit manager's requirements and requests.
- Dependability and reliability are essential.
- Valid state driver's license.
- Valid Class "A" or "B" Commercial Drivers License, HAZMAT endorsement, Tanker endorsement and does not have air brake restrictions.
- Valid Department of Transportation physical examination certification.
- Completion of Department of Transportation HAZMAT training program every three years.
- No moving violations for reckless or operating under the influence.
- A motor vehicle record (MVR) review will be conducted annually to determine if a driver is qualified to operate a commercial motor vehicle in accordance with regulations as defined in Section 391.25 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Driver must qualify for insurability by the company's insurance carrier.
- Driver must pass a pre-employment drug test prior to employment.
- Subject to passing random drug and/or alcohol tests per DOT and company policies.
- Traffic violations, whether on-the-job or off-the-job may impact employment status. If driver incurs an incident which could affect their DOT license such as DUI, reckless or careless driving, etc. It needs to be reported to the Branch Manager as soon as possible, but no later then the start of the next business day.
- Must abide by the Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1986 and notify both employer and the state that issued the driver's license of all traffic violations (other than parking violations), including those committed in a personal vehicle, for which driver forfeited collateral or was convicted, within 30 days after conviction.