AIRCRAFT MECHANIC 1 - Athens, OH Campus
Under general supervision of aircraft maintenance/accountable manager, performs or assists with the maintenance, preventive maintenance, inspection, repair, troubleshooting and major/minor alteration of general aviation aircraft (airframes, engines and propellers) and various components and accessories
1. Adheres to all OSHA and/or Ohio University required safety guidelines.
2. Performs or assists with the maintenance, preventive maintenance, inspection, repair, troubleshooting, and major/minor alteration of general aviation aircraft (airframes, engines and propellers) and various components and accessories (e.g., assists in flight tests and engine run-ups).
3. Assists in record-keeping practices of work-related documentation (e.g., aviation administrative reports, aircraft logbooks, maintenance work orders, inventory/parts requests, and tracking).
4. Maintains & operates ground support equipment (e.g., assists with refueling & ground handling of aircraft, assists with snow removal from aircraft movement areas, ramps and sidewalks, performs repairs on ground support equipment, as needed).
5. Performs other related duties as required.
- Skill and experience in the maintenance, preventive maintenance, inspection, repair, troubleshooting, and major/minor alterations of general aviation aircraft.
- Experience in researching, interpreting, and adhering to FAA regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to use, interpret and understand aircraft/engine/propeller OEM maintenance manuals, service instructions, and parts catalogs.
- Knowledge of all applicable OSHA and/or Ohio University safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to carry out instructions in written, oral, and pictorial form.
- Ability to read & write common vocabulary in sentence structure; add, subtract, multiply & divide whole numbers, calculate fractions, decimals & percentages .
- Ability to apply principles & solve practical problems.
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team-oriented environment using good communication skills.
- Demonstrate willingness to work with diverse populations.
- Cooperate with coworkers on group projects, demonstrate dexterity, and maintain accurate records.
- Must have established pattern of good work habits and performance with good interpersonal skills.
Training & Experience:
Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic certificate issued by Federal Aviation Administration with a minimum of three years’ experience.
Successful completion of a test may be required.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
May be exposed to noise, odors, & dust, work at heights.
PAY RATE - AFSCME 09 = Minimum hourly rate $24.30
Work Hours: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Days Off: Saturday & Sunday
To apply please click Apply Now