Service Associate I
Welcome to Sherwin-williams
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Service Associate I is responsible for assisting in the operations of the Automotive Branch Facility. The core function of this job includes assisting with inside customer service. The Service Associate will make certain the branch provides the highest level of Trademark Customer Service.
The core responsibilities and duties associated with this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Make delivery of product as needed ensuring customers’ quality and service expectations are met.
- Conduct self in professional manner to ensure customers’ quality and service expectations are met.
- Prepare paint orders, including accurate mixing and/or shading, utilizing standard formulas and custom formulas.
- Adhere to company safety standards at all times.
- Load merchandise to ensure safety and security.
- Assist with inside customer service, as needed, including servicing customers and/or processing their orders.
- Operate vehicle in accordance with all state and federal laws while maintaining an acceptable personal driving record.
- Answer telephone in a professional manner, answering questions knowledgeably and/or take customers order.
- Maintain company truck. Alert manager as to truck’s repair and servicing needs.
- Clean and maintain all areas and equipment as assigned.
- Assist with customer order preparation
- Properly dispose of waste cans and product in compliance with Company and Governmental regulations.
- Assist staff with branch inventories.
- Process sales transactions using Point of Sale computer and Company guidelines
- Give immediate attention to customer comments and complaints and advise Branch Manager of such
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- May work in areas where toxic, flammable, and hazardous materials are present.
- Must be able to work all scheduled hours as required which may include evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to distinguish the difference between colors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 1 year in customer service related position
- Experience in an automotive related industry
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbal
- May operate materials handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, etc.) Training will be provided if required to operate this equipment
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Click to Apply Now!