Warehouse Order Selector
Reports to: Outbound Warehouse Supervisor
This is a warehouse position responsible for operating an electric pallet jack or forklift, selecting the correct products from warehouse racking, labeling product using label technology, palletizing product as it is selected to build customer orders and delivering product to the dock in a safe and efficient manner. This position requires working 6:00 p.m. until end-of-shift until all product is accurately selected and loaded. Overtime hours and working weekends and holidays are required in order to successfully fill customers' orders. The job requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).
• Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of fluctuating temperatures, including Dry, Cooler, and Freezer.
• Operate assigned SOS unit to create labels; correctly place labels on product.
• Stack product on pallets in accordance with proper selecting procedures (for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out, etc.).
• Operate an electric pallet jack or forklift to transport product.
• Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations.
• Follows SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
• Follow sanitation requirements in order to comply with policy set forth by the Company and by AIB (American Institute of Baking).
• Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to pallet jack, SOS unit, and personal protective equipment. Perform pre- and post-trip inspections, and safely operate all mechanical equipment.
• Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72 inches; constantly bend and twist while operating a pallet jack and/or forklift, retrieving items from lower shelf areas.
• Shrink-wrap product on loading dock.
• Attend all required company meetings.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• 18+ years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• 3 months warehouse experience and/or 3 months operating an electric pallet jack or forklift and/or a history of physical nature roles preferred
• Able to meet or exceed minimum efficiency levels established through an engineered production standard.
• Able to work rapidly at a constant pace for the entire shift, in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
• Develop a good working knowledge of product, placement, and inventory control techniques and procedures.
• Able to read, write, and communicate effectively as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Requires working overtime hours, working weekends, and holidays.
• Requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.